Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Misguided Postman

From Malta


Hello fellow collectors... what do you think of this cover?

1st: the postman missed the stamps when doing the cancellation ... well... I guess it's a light cancel isn't it? LOL! That's what the sender asked for "PLEASE CANCEL LIGHTLY"!

2nd: the same or probably another postman seeing the stamps without any cancellation mark decided to use the famous "Rollerball pen" type of cancellation...

My question is... does something similar to this happens in your country?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I've never seen this kind of thing before.

Swan said...

I often see cancellations at the wrong place of the letter or card. Most cancellations are done by machine, not a person, so the machine has some recognition software to guess where the stamps are.

Tangorn said...

I think it's not bad example for "postal barbaric",unfortunatelly sometime I seen examples with "X" pen sign on stamps as cancellation.