Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kinkakuji Temple - Japan


A few days ago... yes, we were still in August... I've wrote about a postcard I've received from Japan depicting the Kinkakuji Temple here. The most interesting thing is that today I got another one... different sender... what a coincidence, don't you think? I wonder... how popular is this subject in postcards? If I would to guess... I would say very much... being an UNESCO World Heritage Site and all.


Above you can see 2 stamps that were on the back of the postcard. It's a complete set of 2v issued in 1975 for the Philatelic week. Very beautiful, aren't they?

Enjoy the Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am the one who sent another Kinkakuji card! Yes, Kinkakuji Temple is VERY popular among Japanese people. Kyoto, the ancient capital of Japan, has many temples, shrines and everything, and Kinkakuji IS the most famous and popular of all, I think. The golden temple is impressive, isn't it?
Anyway, I'm happy to "see" my postcard and stamps here. Thank you!