Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Monday, September 17, 2007

Czechoslovakia revisited


Do you like the FDC above? As a space/cosmos collector I really like it... but what's its real philatelic value?

And why do I ask this? Well... lets see...

It's a 1966 Czechoslovakia FDC with 2 of a set of 6 stamps on topic Space Explorations reused this year 2007. Extra stamps from the now Czech Republic were added to complete postage.

The 2 stamps from 1966 have a face value of 1.30 Czechoslovak koruna.

The others have a face value of 13.50 Czech koruna (current currency of Czech Republic).

My question is... should a FDC from a country that since 1993 is split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia continue to circulate from Czech Republic? Could it also circulate from Slovakia?

And in your country? Does something similar happen? Can you put in the mail your old FDCs?

I'll wait for your comments and ideas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose as long as the additional stamps meet the current postage requirements you can reuse a FDC from anywhere else. After all there is nothing against reusing an old envelope. The old stamps have already been cancelled so are not legal regardless of the country.

Balkanstamp said...

I use old FDC in my country for simply reason - on market I can buy FDC for few cent per one (old FDC that face post stamp attached are not valid for postage), and to buy new cover from office depot, or other store, I will need more than 10 cent per one, what is point, use FDC with regular stamp attached - post don't have any reason to not allow it - because postage are paid!

best regards
Chastven Miloje
http://balkanstamp.blogspot.com
http://serbiastamp.blogspot.com