Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Friday, September 7, 2007

Mystery FDC - part 2




I assume that these came from South Africa at the time as my grandfather was from South Africa originally and these were in my Father's possession.

I have many King George VI stamps,(as seen above the FDC) mainly used. Two mint ones I found I attached lightly to the envelope - pity there is no cancellation!

Interesting nonetheless. The Envelope looks much nicer with a few stamps - or?

Have a wonderful weekend all.

4 comments:

michaelatcddstamps said...

Hi.. since there is not postmark one can only assume the actual envelope was from South Africa at the time. Highly probable of course. Wonder why it was never posted or franked? Any yes to South Africa as you rightly say.

What maybe of more interest to you is that the stamps shown are just one of the bilingual pairs.. each stamp was paired with an "english" worded stamp that is, saying South Africa and the word "Coronation" instead of Kroning.

Hope that is clear

best wishes .. Michael cddstamps

Simply a Namib lass said...

Hi Michael! i was going to email you with some questions on others i have here - will still! The envelopes were all blank. Well, i have two or three - prob Grandpa just bought them, intending to use them. i do have both, Kroning and Coronation stamps, but have not yet found a mint in both. - that to me is interesting that they came out as a pair.
Will be in touch soon! cheers

michaelatcddstamps said...

Georine, Hi.. so good to hear from you again

Yes please do write.. and I do hope you are reading my blog :-)

Best wishes

Michael

Anonymous said...

I believe that this cover is British in origin and was sent over with the intention of getting a return with the SA stamps on FDC ... it would appear that the stamps were affixed ready but never addressed and mailed ..

See my comments on the blank cover of this type on this blog..

If these details can be proved wrong .. I welcome that .. always willing to learn

The illustrated list of these covers is available by clicking my name