Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mystery FDC

Blank FDC

Here is a blank envelope, issued 1937 to commemorate the coronation of King George VI... well, what puzzles me is... from which country is it? I guess it's from GB or any of its colonies at the time.


Since it's the first time I see a blank FDC from this period I don't know for sure where it was issued... some stamps affixed to the cover would help, wouldn't they?

Have you any idea of where it was issued?

Where are King George stamp experts when you need them? eheh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe hat this is an unused GB FDC (and not from South Africa as has been suggested). I can confirm 300 different ypes of printed cover but suspect that the total may be as high as 600 .. a major study in itself.

The following is from memory but I believe this cover was produced in central London probably for a private concern (shop) and the copies I am aware of of this and similar types were all used in London East Central

Hope this helps ..

On my web page is an illustrated guide to these 1937 covers (although it is in need of updateing)

Simply a Namib lass said...

Thank you Allan. I found a box with stamps, many of them of King George,South African and Australian - sadly not all in a very good condition. Amongst them were a few of these blank envelopes - but i think you are right - they were most likely sent from England to be mailed, or bought as such to be mailed. It would interest me to know if any ever were mailed by my Grandparent lol - thanks for the input. Georine