Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunset

Sunset in the Caribbean

A friend sent me 3 beautiful pictures showing the sun setting behind Klein Bonaire, a small uninhabited islet off the west coast of the Caribbean island of Bonaire.




The pictures above reminded me of a set of stamps issued by Philippines, 7 April 1960, depicting the Sunset at Manila Bay.


These are the only stamps I can remember about sunsets... do you know others?

Goodbye for now! Time to enjoy the sunset!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kept looking for a post yesterday and the day before. Came on today and saw the pics. :)

I like that you put a link to some info about Bonaire. Not many people know about these islands.

But, if they don't, now they know. Especially with Hurricane Felix. lol

See ya. :)

Eric Contesse said...

Hello Jose,

very nice sunsets indeed !
fyi, the Bonaire's sister island of Aruba has also issued 3 stamps which depict nice sunsets in 2005.
You can visualize these 3 stamps on the offcial site of the Aruba Post :
http://www.postaruba.com/196.aspx

congratulations for your blog, full of interesting news and humor !

Regards from France
Eric

Unknown said...

Eric thank you for your comment... I didn't know that! I'm always learning, glad the internet get us, stamp collectors, closer. Thanks.

Swan said...

The current US stamp for international postcards and letters (90c) features a photograph by Michael S. Yamashita of a sunset of Hagåtña Bay in Hagatna, the capital of Guam.

Search for "Guam" on this page:
http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2007stamps/definitives/

Swan said...

I think the URL was cut off. The end of it is (overlapping the 2007)

2007stamps/definitives/