Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nagoya Castle - Japan


Hello! Today I'm showing you one postcard of an aerial view of the Nagoya Castle. It's located in Nagoya Aichi, Japan. According to Wiki there's another castle named Nagoya in Hizen Province, interesting fact isn't it?
It was built around 1525. On top of the castle there are two golden imaginary tiger-headed fishes, motif used as a talisman for fire prevention. *Need to get some for my own home... you can't have too many fire protection, can you? More images and videos here.


On the back you can see 3 stamps... Of the 1st I didn't find any information... know anything about it? Issue date? Design? The 2nd and 3rd stamps belong to a 2v stamp set issued in 1971 about the Japanese National printing house. They are all very nice, aren't they?

Take care!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Hi Jose

The first stamp on the left was issued on the 23rd of August 1984. It is from a set of two about "Disaster relief". This stamp pictures "Fire and wind".
Regards
Eric

Unknown said...

Eric, Thank you very much for your help. Best regards, Jose

Kii said...

Hey, I really like your stamp blog. I linked to my Postcard/Stamps Blog too. :)