Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nigeria.... too many stamps...

2 days ago I wrote about covers with many stamps on... a fellow collector sent me a scan of another example. Thank you George!


This cover was sent in 1993 from Nigeria. What do you think of it? I'm not a big fan of overlapping stamps on a cover and I've said it before... but the number is a plus, isn't it?

If I would to grade this cover I would give it a NO... a not good philatelic example! Hope you agree.... lets see what do you have to say about it!
See you next time in a post office nearby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first thought was "Ugh! That looks ugly."

It's not something I'd want in my collection.

Ian - Norvic said...

It is ugly, but it could also be showing true commercial use of the stamps. Some people prefer 'non-philatelic' covers - that is, covers which are very collectable for philately but which are not contrived by collectors or philatelists. Contrived covers are not as good as proper commercial covers for FIP competitions.

Edward Hong said...

Huh ! Those covers are wonderful. But I think no one wants to frank stamps like this, as it mean their money is losing ....