Get a nice COVER or POSTCARD from PORTUGAL....


2 EUROS
per COVER or POSTCARD


I can send you a nice surprise cover or postcard to your home address.

You can pay by paypal or cash in an envelope.

If interested just email me at

stamp.friends@gmail.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

On her Majesty's Service


Today I've received a letter from the Falkland Islands (city: Stanley)... Probably my 1st one!

The thing that caught my attention was the saying "On her Majesty's Service"... I know that the Falkland Islands are an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom but is this common on letters from these territories?

If you know... please leave a message! Thank you!

See you soon... Happy collecting!

5 comments:

Pablo (yo) said...

I get letters fron the Philatelic Bureau at Stanley and they all say "On Her Majesty's Service" printed in the envelope. I asume that is because the P.B. is a public office.

Unknown said...

Pablo,

Thank you for your comment.

Aren't all Post Offices public? Even in UK?

Best regards

Pablo (yo) said...

In my case, the Philatelic Bureau was the sender, and used their own envelopes-

rzafar said...

On Her Majesty's Service (O.H.M.S.) is found on mail sent by a number of philatelic bureaus from British colonies/overseas territories across the world such as Cayman Islands and Cook Islands.
This is because the monarch, in this case, Queen Elizabeth II is still the ultimate executive authority over the government.
regards

Unknown said...

Hello rabia,

Thank you for your very informative comment.

Best regards